Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation
INTRODUCTION TO MINDFULNESS MEDITATION
Mindfulness is the ability to bring awareness to the present moment.
Each instant we live, we are presented a rich bouquet of experiences: bodily sensations, sights, sounds, tastes, thoughts, emotions, problems as well as solutions, questions as well as answers. As we cultivate our ability to consciously tune in to these experiences, with a sharp and non-judgmental mind, we enhance our possibilities to be who we truly are, and to respond, rather than react, to the challenges of our daily lives.
This course has no prerequisite and is appropriate for people from any spiritual tradition or background.
Benefits of the practice of mindfulness meditation that have been scientifically confirmed include:
• Enhances ability to cope with chronic pain and discomfort.
• Decreases anxiety, depression, hostility and the tendency to somatise
• Increases the ability to cope with both short and long-term stressful situations
• Cultivates a calm, attentive mind that is capable of maintaining sustained voluntary concentration.
• Nurtures a mental state that is conducive to inspiration, joy and creativity.
• Increases the ability to relax.
Nicolò F Bernardi, PhD: psychologist, neuroscientist and Yoga teacher, has specialized in mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) from the Centre for Mindfulness, directed by Dr.’s Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli, at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
FREE INTRODUCTORY SESSION
APR 29TH, 7PM
Meet the teacher, bring your questions, taste the practice!
LOCATION, DATES & COST
The Dorian Centre for the Healing Arts
2100 Marlowe, N.D.G. (Vendome Metro), suite 644, 6th floor
May 6, 13, 20, 27; June 3, 10, 17, 24
Time: 7-8:30pm; Cost: 160$
INFORMATION & REGISTRATION